Thursday 7 December 2017

Ultimate work

The last weeks I have done the level 4:
In this level the player has to use a fourth kind of clones: the freezing one. When he touches the saws (a new obstacle), if he uses any other kind of clones his body will be tears in parts, but with the freezing clone the saw will stop and you can jump on it. Later in this level you can discover that the freezing clone also works with the wrecking balls. To finish the level you will have to use all the available kind of clones

I made a special animation for the saw, when you touch it, I don't only free the ragdoll, but I also destroy all the joins (the same trick was use later for the explosive clone) so the clone really seems to be cut in part. There is an interesting "feature" with this: if you respawn quickly enough you can wall jump on the part of the body.

The freezing clone wasn't really difficult to do, I just changed the type from dynamic to static on contact with the freezing clone and then add a special check in the contact listener to see if the saw/wrecking ball should kill or not.

I also modified the wrecking ball, for some reasons I didn't manage to make it bounce correctly so I made it respawn each time it as a contact with something.
When the wrecking ball touch a trampoline, the trampoline is destroyed. I made this choice because I think that if you want to block the wrecking ball you should use the freezing clone.
A bug still happen when a corpse is in the respawn area of the wrecking ball, but we didn't have the time to fix it.

Lately we had complete crash, but we find out that it was because we were sometimes disposing twice the same objects. It's now fixed with a simple check

Finally I made a few changes like increase the size of the breakable wall (because they were exactly the same size as the character and it was tricky to pass it directly without wall jumping) and decresase their width so they look weak and different from the normal walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment